Utrecht Bioinformatics Community
Utrecht houses bioinformatics expertise at a world class level for widely different biological and data domains. We aim to combine this expertise, create novel expertise and new approaches to perform integrative bioinformatics and to enable scientific breakthroughs in a wide variety of relevant life sciences. Specifically, we aim to unify the separate bioinformatic teams into the Utrecht Bioinformatics Center (UBC) to create an integrative bioinformatics community at the Utrecht Science Park to strengthen our future research.
Succesfull research proposals
By cooperating UBC members are successfully earning subsidies for promising research projects to realise a scientific breakthrough. Some recent highligts are:
- Albert Heck and Alexander van Oudernaerden earned the Spinoza Prize (the Dutch Nobel Prize)
- Vidi grant for Jeroen de Ridder
- KWF grant for Patrick Kemmeren
Meet the community
The two-weekly seminars on general bioinformatics and the different expertise topics are open for any bioinformatician. Sometimes guest-speakers share their knowledge as well as users of our HPC facility do. Check our calendar for data and time.
You may also get to know some of our leading members right now by reading these interviews:
– Alexandre Bonvin (Universiteit Utrecht, Bètawetenschappen)
– Berend Snel (Universiteit Utrecht) en Geert Kops (UMC Utrecht)
– Jeroen de Ridder (UMC Utrecht)
– Bernd Helms (Universiteit Utrecht, Diergeneeskunde)
– Frank Holstege (Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology)